For the past two months we’ve been battling all kinds of ailments in our little home and this past week offered little respite. The Bub had a deep and constant cough with a runny nose that wouldn’t quit. I’d actually been feeling on the mend and then I threw my back out lifting the sick kiddo onto the examination table last week when we took him in for an earache. The Hub has been coughing since before the holidays and we’re basically all pretty beaten down by this season of illness. On the plus side it’s been beautifully sunny out and as California transplants we’ve been reveling in that detail.
Through all the illness I have been so grateful for all the help and love given daily by my wonderful husband. I’ve been making lots of valentines in his honor and I thought I would do a quick post to share my favorite crafty goodies for the upcoming holiday of love. I’ve tried to narrow it down to my absolute favorites. My thinking, is that if you have even one of these products in your arsenal, you can make some seriously stunning valentines. Just think what you could do with two!
1. Simon Says Exclusive Clear Stamps “Just a Love Note”. I love these stamps! The set is extremely versatile with different sizes and sentiments. I adore the borders and the small triplet of hearts for that little something extra on a card. This set includes a sentiment for the envelope as well as sentiments that work together on the front and insides of the card. This is my go to stamp set at the moment, and worth every penny.
2. Ruby Lost and Found 12×12 Sticker Sheet. These stickers are wonderful to have at hand when crafting a valentine. The doilies are an obvious plus but I find that all the small word stickers come in very handy when you want to be effusive with praise for your loved ones.
3. Crate Paper Fourteen 6×6 in’ Paper Pad. I love this Valentine line by Crate Paper! It’s a little bit vintage, very nostalgic and the colors are stunning. It’s a very versatile paper pad and can be used for all kinds of other projects, not just for matters of the heart. The smaller patterns are perfect for cards and love notes.
4. Silhouette Cut File “Doily Lace Heart Ornate” by Samantha Walker. For those of you with a Silhouette cutting machine, I found a very traditional yet lovely doily design. The thing I love about the Silhouette, is that you can cut this out at any size and on any color paper. You can even go wild and use a patterned paper to add extra pizzazz.
5. EK Paper Shapers Punch, Layering Heart. One punch, three ways, “Yes Please”! Punches make crafting so easy and with the versatility of this little punch you can really mix things up. I would think this would be the only heart punch you would ever need.
6. Crate Paper Fourteen Chipboard Stickers. Like I said, I love this line, and if you know me at all, you know that I’m obsessed with chipboard accents. I love the dimensionality they give to a project. Depending on their size they can make a stunning focal point to a card or work as lovely little pop-up embellishments. These are a must. Oh, and they are stickers as well, so just stick and go. Easy!
7. Wide Airmail Washi Tape. I’ve been having fun lately making backgrounds with washi tape and this wider variety really lends itself to that. The colors pictured would go well with reds and pinks and could be used year round once the holiday has come and gone.
Hope you found something that you like. What are your favorite valentine supplies? Are you making your own this year?
Have fun crafting!